Employing an Au-Pair from overseas? No doubt you have verified the trust worthiness and reliability of your employee to ensure your loved ones are in the right hands. However, have you considered your new employees knowledge and skills to drive in Australia?
Driver Skills International (DSI) deliver Defensive Driver Training courses that provide valuable information about driving safely, operating vehicles and Australian road rules.
Our flexible delivery Au Pair Safe Driving Course is designed to ensure rehabilitation of drivers through structured training. The course is designed to provide new Australian Au-Pair’s with certified driving program covering road rules, risky driving behaviours, drugs and alcohol. Also covered are safe driving behaviours and skills. The course is modular and allows for individuals to access the required components. A certificate is issued for each module on successful completion.
The program has three components being:
1. Online self-paced training
This training is moderated and all assessments must be completed successfully.
- Concentration and Attitude
- Risk Taking Behaviour
- Fatigue Awareness and Time Management
- Effects of Speed
- Vehicle Loading / Trailer Towing
- Trip Management
- Road Law
- Alcohol Awareness
- Drug Awareness
- Common Crash Scenarios
- Safety in the car
- Driving Position
- Steering Techniques
- System of Vehicle Control
- Braking Systems
- Emergency Procedures
- Defensive Driving Techniques
At the completion of the course it is expected that all drivers will demonstrate:
- An awareness of how risk taking and motivation can affect your safety on the road
- How to identify potential hazards and avoid them
- Improved vision while driving
- An understanding of the risks associated with alcohol, drugs and fatigue
- The importance of correct tyre pressures and condition of tyres
- The importance of seat belts and other safety devices in the vehicle
- How to minimise distractions and loose objects in the vehicle
- How to identify different braking systems and how to use them effectively
- How speed can effect stopping distances
- A responsible attitude to self, other road users and community
- How to apply defensive driving techniques
Cost $150 incl gst
2. Driving assessment
A professional trainer will conduct an in-car assessment to identify driving skills deficiencies.
- Achieve a safe emergency stop on a wet road
- Apply hazard avoidance techniques
- Experience the effect of speed on stopping distance
- Apply vision skills
- Apply correct car control techniques
Cost $300 incl gst
3. One-to-one coaching and assessment to issue Nationally Recognised Qualification
A professional trainer/assessor will conduct training and assessment to achieve the required competencies for accreditation in your vehicle.
Cost $300 incl