This course has been designed for drivers who are responsible for the selection, loading and operation of caravans & trailers. Suited for Corporate and Government employees required to tow trailers as part of their employment. This course is also suitable for Grey Nomads seeking skills for towing Caravans or Trailers.
• Trailer selection
• Loading and load calculations
• Trailer pre-departure checks
• Basic hitch types
• Hitching trailers
• Communication whilst manoeuvring
• Vehicle/trailer checks
• Loading/securing load
At the completion of the course it is expected that all drivers will demonstrate;
• Knowledge in the appropriate loading of trailers
• Knowledge in the appropriate securing of load
• The ability to conduct appropriate safety checks
• The ability to hitch and unhitch a trailer
• Safe trailer reversing techniques
• Knowledge on how to avoid or control trailer sway
• The ability to make basic calculations to determine load weight safety
In order to participate in this course you require at least your “P” class licence. You will need to provide your own registered and roadworthy vehicle.
This training will be delivered face to face either on site or at a suitable venue arranged by DSI.
The course is assessed using a variety of methods including written and practical assessments.
Course costs vary according to State and venue. For detailed cost information, please contact DSI on (07) 5353 7177 or click on the Enquire button below.